Saturday 1 December 2012

Quick card make!

Just a quick card I made for another birthday coming up!

I just combined a few different types of paper to make things a bit more interesting. As always it finished a lot simpler than I intended but I just don't have the expertise or tools yet to make them as complicated as I would like.



I started off with reds and greens but quickly thought this looked too christmassy and so changed it to purples and yellows. Although none of the colours were coordinated I still think it works ok! I used thread to create the bunting and stuck it behind the first layer of background paper so it didn't look messy with holes for the thread to go through. 

I pondered over the layout, I was originally going to go for straight across but eventually ending going a more relaxed with the bunting!




Quick mince pie break...

This is the finished product, I was going to include some text however I don't think there is a good spot for it to go without over crowding everything. I had some gold heart stickers lying around and so stuck to jazz it up a bit. I have stuck down some of the 'triangles' but left some of them able to move about on the thread.



No comments:

Post a Comment