Saturday 1 December 2012

Meet..Brian

Today I decided to take it upon myself to make a..dinosaur. I don't know what possessed me to make one but I felt like it and so I did.

I started out by drawing out a template on some tracing paper. 


I still had loads of spare fabric to use and so decided to have different pattern on each side. This dinosaur only has two legs, I will make another one with 4 next time but it was a bit more complicated and I felt like doing something easy!

I cut out the shapes with my nice new scissors! Which could probably cut my finger off if I wasn't careful!



 I was pretty impressed with the straightness of my sewing! I must be improving! I almost forgot to leave a gap to turn it back the right way! That could have made things a little more interesting....

With the help of a pencil, I managed to turn Brian back the right way round and added a button for an eye.




I bought some stuffing from my favourite crafty shop and which probably helped him feel a bit better! Now I have a big bag of stuffing to use up..just have to make some more things!! He has a bit of a wonky leg, I know this is because I didn't cut a slit between the corners of his legs to stop it bunching up. I read about it before hand just forgot to do it! Doh! 



I am really pleased with his shape, I took some time to get him as stuffed as I could so he is quite firm. 

With his double necked guitar and munching on a cactus...


And just hanging about...



I am going to make him a santa hat soon, to get him in the festive spirit!





No comments:

Post a Comment